The attorneys of The Jackson Law Firm have significant experience in the handling of nursing home / long term care lawsuits. This area of the law is governed, from a statutory perspective, by Chapter 400 of the Florida Statutes, wherein the Florida legislature provided a means for providing for the development, establishment, and enforcement of basic standards for:
(1) The health, care, and treatment of persons in nursing homes and related healthcare
(2) The maintenance and operation of such institutions that will ensure safe, adequate,
and appropriate care, treatment, and health of persons in such facilities.
Cases in this area of the law require a careful analysis of the resident’s chart to determine whether the resident suffered from abuse and/or neglect. Such claims involve, typically, any number of serious injuries / issues, including, but not limited to:
- Assault and battery by another resident;
- Assault and battery by staff;
- Development of pressure sores / bed sores / decubitus ulcers;
- Elopement (leaving the facility unsupervised given an individual’s mental/physical state);
- Financial exploitation;
- Fractures (fractured hips, bones, arms, etc.);
- Inadequate staffing;
- Inadequate training or supervision;
- Inappropriate physical or chemical restraints;
- Injuries caused by a failure to manage dementia / Alzheimer’s;
- Negligent supervision;
- Medication errors;
- Violation of Privacy;
- Sexual abuse / rape;
- Unhygienic living conditions;
- Unrecognized cardiac conditions, kidney failure, or other unrecognized medical conditions not communicated to a physician that lead to the resident’s death; and/or
- And any other physical, mental, or emotional abuse or neglect that can give rise to a claim.
Working with experts nationwide in the field of geriatrics, cardiology, pulmonology, nephrology, nursing, and related fields to establish the basis for a successful claim, The Jackson Law Firm, P.A. will work diligently to determine the cause of your loved one’s injuries and/or death, and will develop your case in a manner designed to hold the wrongdoers accountable. We look forward to hearing from you to further discuss the details of your nursing home / long term case.
Keep in mind that being represented by an experienced attorney can cause you to avoid mistakes that might affect the value of your legal claim. The owner of the nursing home / long term care facility, as well as any insurance company, will most certainly have experienced legal counsel, and it will not be their goal to look out for your best interests. Instead, their goal will be to keep claim costs down and minimize the amount paid out on each claim. Thus, it is important, if you believe you may have a claim, for you to seek legal advice as quickly as possible after your injuries occurred in order to preserve evidence and to allow your attorney to be able to pursue all applicable remedies. The Jackson Law Firm, P.A. is intimately familiar with nursing homes and other long term care facilities following the representation of the largest nursing home / long term care chains in the country, and we welcome the opportunity to put that experience to work on your behalf and to discuss your claim with you in confidence.
When you contact us, your consultation will be free, and you pay no fee unless we obtain a recovery. The attorneys of The Jackson Law Firm, P.A. look forward to being able to serve you.