Michael R. Jackson is an attorney and shareholder in the law firm Jackson Law International. His law practice focuses on domestic and international civil litigation matters, including the areas of business and contract disputes; personal injury and wrongful death litigation; medical malpractice; long-term care abuse; and real estate litigation.
Mr. Jackson was born in Bangkok, Thailand, but was raised in Kiel, Germany, learning German as his first language. As a result, he speaks German with native fluency. Mr. Jackson earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Miami in 1989, graduating with honors. In 1993, he worked abroad in a law firm in Vienna, Austria, and also attended the Freie Universität in Berlin, Germany in Tulane’s Program on European Law. As Tulane Law School is internationally recognized for its European as well as its Maritime Practice Programs, Mr. Jackson had been drawn to this school. Mr. Jackson earned his Juris Doctorate degree from Tulane Law School, along with the Tulane Maritime Law Certificate, in 1995. Mr. Jackson’s upbringing, as well as his education, have since allowed him to serve not only domestic but also international clients with his unique perspective and insight.
Michael R. Jackson is a member of the bar and authorized to practice law within the following jurisdictions: Florida, New York, Texas, Colorado, and The District of Columbia. Additionally, on a federal level, Mr. Jackson is a member of the bars of the United States Supreme Court; the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit; United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit; United States District Courts for the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida; United States District Court for the District of Colorado; and the United States District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Western, and Eastern Districts of Texas.
Moreover, through the practice of pro hac vice admission (Latin: “for this occasion”), Mr. Jackson has obtained permission from various courts throughout the country to appear and represent clients in states in which he is not licensed to practice. Given that his client base consists of German-speaking clients, this practice affords these individuals and companies the benefit of obtaining representation through a German-speaking attorney in a jurisdiction where they otherwise would likely be unable to locate such an attorney. Communication between the client and the attorney is paramount, and in the context of litigation the need for the client and attorney to be able to accurately and fully exchange factual and legal information is critical to the success of the case. For that reason, Mr. Jackson pursues pro hac vice admission throughout the country in all states that allows for such a process (which is the majority) to assist German-speaking clients in their litigation matters.
Through his diligence and tireless work on behalf of his clients, Mr. Jackson has been able to achieve significant litigation successes throughout the country. As a result, Mr. Jackson has been inducted as a Life Member into The Million Dollar Advocates Forum, one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States. Membership is limited to attorneys who have won million dollar verdicts and settlements. Joining an even more select group of attorneys, Mr. Jackson’s successes on behalf of his clients have also led him to be inducted into The Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum as a Life Member for which membership is limited to attorneys who have won multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements. Fewer than 1% of U.S. attorneys are members of either group.
Mr. Jackson is a Lifetime Charter Member in Rue Ratings’ Best Attorneys of America®. Membership in Rue Ratings’ Best Attorneys of America is extremely selective, carefully screened and limited to the most qualified and accomplished attorneys in the United States. With these high standards, less than one percent (1%) of the attorneys of America have been invited to be a member of Rue Ratings’ Best Attorneys of America.
Michael R. Jackson has a superb rating from AVVO in the following practice areas of Civil Litigation, Personal Injury, and International Law:
- State Bars:
- Federal Bars:
- United States Supreme Court;
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit;
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit;
- United States District Court for the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida;
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Western, and Eastern Districts of Texas.
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado.
- Rechtsanwaltskammer Hamm (2017) (Bar of Hamm, North-Rhine-Westfalia, Germany)
- Native written and spoken fluency in English and German.
- Tulane Law School, New Orleans, Louisiana
- J.D. (Juris Doctor)
- Maritime Law Certificate
- Conferred May, 1995
- Freie Universität, Berlin, Germany
- Tulane Program on European Law
- University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida
- B.B.A. (Bachelor of Business Administration)
- Conferred May, 1989 (with Honors)
- Shareholder, Jackson Law International
Winter Park, Florida
- Shareholder, Urban Thier Federer & Jackson, P.A.
- Associate, Conroy, Simberg, Ganon, Krevans & Abel, P.A.
- Associate, Grower, Ketcham, Moré, Rutherford, Noecker, Bronson & Eide, P.A.
- Law Clerk and Associate, Markle, Ramos & Zito (formerly Livingston, Markle, Miller, Ramos & Zito)
- Livingston, Markle, Miller, Ramos & Zito
- 334th District Court – Judge Russell Lloyd
- Turner & Gottlieb
- Law Office of Markus Frank, M.C.L.
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Life Member
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Life Member
- Rue Ratings Best Attorneys of America, Lifetime Charter Member
- State Bar of Texas
- Florida Bar
- New York Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Deutsch-Amerikanische Juristenvereinigung (DAJV) (or German-American Lawyers’ Association
- AEA International Lawyers Network
- Europӓische Anwaltskooperation (EAK) (or European Attorney’s Cooperative)
- German American Business Chamber of Central Florida
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- The Maritime Law Association of the United States
- International Law Section, State Bar of Florida
- International Law Section, State Bar of Texas
- International Law Section, American Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Dorothy S. Williams v. Astrid Huber, M.D., 964 S.W.2d 84
(Tex. App.—Houston [14th Dist.] 1997)
- Melvin L. Borne v. Lawnwood Regional Medical Center, Inc., Darshan Shah, M.D. and Southern Emergency Physicians, and Edward Spievack, M.D., P.A., 767 So.2d 542 (Fla. 4th DCA 2000)
- Deborah Howard v. Lawrence Savitsky, M.D., William Minnix, M.D., Michael Slomka, M.D., and Tampa Bay Orthopedic Specialists, 813 So.2d 978 (Fla. 2nd DCA 2002)
- Working with Expert Witnesses, Advanced Medical Malpractice Law, State Bar of Texas (1995)
- The Utilization of Expert Testimony with Regard to the Examination of Questioned Documents, Advanced Medical Malpractice Law, State Bar of Texas (1996)
- Dram Shop and Liquor Liability, Advanced Personal Injury Law Course, State Bar of Texas (1996)
- Spoliation of Evidence, Advanced Evidence and Discovery Course, State Bar of Texas (1996)
- How to Try the Soft Tissue Injury Case in Texas, National Business Institute, Inc. (1997)
- Dram Shop and Liquor Liability, Advanced Personal Injury Law Course, Texas Trial Lawyers Association (1997)
- Spoliation of Evidence, Advanced Evidence and Discovery Course, State Bar of Texas (1997)
- Damages, Including Punitives, Wrongful Death, Survival & Bystander, Advanced Personal Injury Law Course, State Bar of Texas (1997)
- Basic Insurance Policies: Errors and Omissions, Handling Insurance and Tort Claims Course, University of Houston Law Center (1997)
- Tulane Law School Honor Board
- Maritime Law Society
- Academic Affairs Student Committee
- Henry K. Stanford and Florida Honors Academic Scholarships
- University of Miami Honor’s Program
- Dean’s List
- University of Miami Crew Team
- Student Fellow
- Orientation Staff
- Kershaw Flotation, Co., Grant, Florida
- Manufacturing firm in the commercial fishing industry
- Chairman of the Board & Vice-President, 1992 – Present