Bonnie J. Jackson, Shareholder
Bonnie J. Jackson is an attorney and shareholder in Jackson Law International. Her law practice focuses on general civil and commercial litigation, including premises liability, malpractice, and general negligence, as well as business torts, breach of contract, landlord/tenant disputes, covenants not to compete, insurance disputes, construction litigation, and real estate litigation.
Mrs. Jackson is a graduate of South Texas College of Law (J.D. 1995), and Texas A&M University (B.B.A. 1991). In law school, Mrs. Jackson served as a Director for the Board of Advocates, competed in state and national mock trial competitions, and received honors for her speaking and advocacy skills.
Following law school, Bonnie J. Jackson served as an Assistant District Attorney in Houston, Texas where she prosecuted felony, misdemeanor, and juvenile crimes, and prepared reply briefs to post-conviction capital and non-capital writs of habeas corpus. In 1998, Mrs. Jackson relocated to Florida and focused on private practice in the area of general commercial litigation. She has significant jury trial experience, and has also handled bench trials in her areas of expertise.
Ms. Jackson‘s poise, grace, and comfort level in the spotlight began to develop even before law school, as she was the winner of the Miss Wisconsin – USA Pageant in 1986. As Miss Wisconsin, she then participated in the 1986 Miss USA Pageant along with notable participants such as Halle Berry. These qualities – learned early in her life – have served her well in front of numerous juries and in the course of high-stakes litigation matters.
As a result of her work on behalf of her clients, Mrs. Jackson has been inducted as a Life Member into The Million Dollar Advocates Forum, one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States, and also as a Life Member into The Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, an even more select group of attorneys. Membership is limited to attorneys who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements, respectively. Fewer than 1% of U.S. attorneys are members of either group.
Mrs. Jackson is a Lifetime Charter Member in Rue Ratings’ Best Attorneys of America ®. Membership in Rue Ratings’ Best Attorneys of America is extremely selective, carefully screened and limited to the most qualified and accomplished attorneys in the United States. With these high standards, less than one percent (1%) of the attorneys of America have been invited to be a member of Rue Ratings’ Best Attorneys of America.
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas
- J.D. (Doctor of Jurisprudence)
- Conferred May, 1995
- Freie Universität, Berlin, Germany
- Tulane University, School of Law, Summer Abroad Program
- Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
- B.B.A. (Bachelor of Business Administration)
- Conferred May, 1991
- English and Spanish.
- Shareholder, Jackson Law International, Winter Park, Florida
- Associate, Swann & Hadley, P.A. Winter Park, Florida
- Associate, Baker & Hostetler, L.L.P. Orlando, Florida
- Assistant District Attorney, Harris County District Attorney’s Office Houston, Texas
- Law Clerk, 334th District Court, Judge Russell Lloyd Houston, Texas
- Law Clerk, 333rd District Court, Judge Richard Bianchi Houston, Texas
- Law Clerk, Fisher, Gallagher & Lewis, LLP Houston, Texas
- State Courts: All State Courts in the States of Florida and Texas.
- Federal Courts: United States District Court for the Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Florida; United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit; United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
- Rechtsanwaltskammer Hamm (2020) (Bar of Hamm, North-Rhine-Westfalia, Germany)
- State Bar of Texas
- Florida Bar
- Orange County Bar Association
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Life Member
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Life Member
- Rue Ratings Best Attorneys of America, Lifetime Charter Member
- Who’s Who Top Attorneys of North America (2015-2016)
- Florida Bar Meritorious Public Service, Chair Grievance Committee 9E (2015)
- Pro Bono College of the State Bar of Texas (2002)
- Miss Wisconsin – USA 1986
- Contestant in Miss USA 1986
Community and Civic Activities
- Member, Ninth Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee “E”, The Florida Bar (2012 – 2015)
- Member, St. Margaret Mary Catholic Church
- Volunteer, St. Margaret Mary Catholic School
- Winter Park Republican Women, Federated, President (2019-Present); Parliamentarian (2017-2018); Bylaws Committee Chair (2017-2018); Recording Secretary (2012 – 2015); Campaign Chairman (2004 – 2005)
- Candidate, Winter Park City Commission, Seat 2 (2011)
- Vice Chairman, City of Winter Park, Parks & Recreation Commission (2008-2011)
- Vice Chairman, City of Winter Park, Tree Preservation Board (2008 – 2011)
- Volunteer, Inter-faith Hospitality Network (2007 – 2014)
- Guardian ad Litem, Pro bono attorney (2001 – 2010)
- Board of Directors, United Cerebral Palsy Child Development Centers (2000 –2004)
- Den Leader, Boy Scouts of America, Pack 31 (2003 – 2004)
- Delegate, Florida Federation of Republican Women (2003)